Related Topics:

License, Permit & Registration

The Iowa Department of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing (DIAL) conducts a safety inspection at least once a year of each amusement ride, amusement device, concession booth and related electrical equipment. An operator must obtain an Amusement Ride Operating Permit from the department before operating covered equipment in Iowa.

Amusement ride operators may be subject to the Smokefree Air Act.

Water slides are regulated as swimming pools

Licensing Services

Apply Now

Apply, renew, and pay for your license by mail.


Phone: 515.669.4438

Immediately notify DIAL of an accident involving an amusement ride or related equipment. Follow the accident notification requirements and submit an accident report form to DIAL.


Frequently Asked Questions