On this page...
You can renew your license up to 60 days before your current license expires.
Renewal notifications will be emailed to your email address on file with the board at 60, 50, 40 and 30 days prior to the license expiration date. Renew your license early to avoid a late fee or lapse in licensure. All continuing education requirements must be completed pior to license renewal.Back to top
Conditional Prescribing Certificate
- Application for Conditional Prescribing Psychologist Certificate
- Training Director Instructions for Certification of Clinical and Practicum
- Training Director Certification for the Conditional Prescription Certificate
- Training Physician Certification Form for the Conditional Prescription Certificate
Laws & Rules
Laws. Laws are contained in the Iowa Code. They are enacted by the Iowa Legislature and provide statutory authority to the professional licensure boards.
Administrative rules. The professional licensure boards adopt rules to interpret and implement the Iowa Code. Administrative rules have the force and effect of law.
- Chapter 240 -- Licensure of Psychologists
- Chapter 241 -- Continuing Education for Psychologists
- Chapter 242 -- Discipline for Psychologists
- Chapter 243 -- Practice of Psychology
- Chapter 244 -- Prescribing Psychologists
The process for seeking a waiver from an administrative rule and the standards under which the petition will be evaluated are described in Chapter 18.
- Petition for Waiver Form PDF
This document is a list of some important practice references. This list includes sections of the Iowa Code, the APA Ethics Code, and regulations of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.Back to top
- Organized Health Service Training Program Confirmation Form
- Supervision Report
- Supervisor Registration
- Supervisor Confirmation Form for HS