On this page...
Visit the HUD's Manufactured Home Dispute Resolution Program for more information on manufactured homes.
James Martin with HUD is the point of contact for homeowners experiencing problems with their manufactured homes.Back to top
- Factory built structures, which include manufactured homes, modular homes, and other modular buildings and structures, are subject to provisions of the State Building Code.
- Manufacturers, retailers, and installers of factory built structures must obtain a license through the department.
- Modular structure plans must be approved by the department, or a department approved third party agency, before being set.
- Manufacturers must file a certificate of compliance for each model or model group from the department.
- Installation certificates must be submitted to the department and seals placed on each structure installed in Iowa.
Manufactured Installer Testing and Continuing Education
MHCC Installation Guide
Iowa Code for Testing
Training Courses - Schedule
Payments can be made online by debit/credit card or eCheck/ACH or by mailing a check or money order payable to the "Dept. of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing" or "State of Iowa" and mailed to the Department of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing, Attention: Factory Built Structures Administration, 6200 Park Ave, Ste 100, Des Moines, IA 50321.Back to top