Midwifery Advisory Council Information
Advisory Council Purpose
The Midwifery Advisory Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board in matters pertaining to the licensing of certified professional midwives (CPM) and the practice of midwifery pursuant to 2023 Iowa Acts, House File 265, Section 10. The Council shall advise and make recommendations to the Board on such matters including, but not limited to:
• Licensure and continuing education
• Standards of practice
• Professional ethics
• Disciplinary actions
• Other issues relating to midwifery
Advisory Council Members
The Advisory Council consists of seven members to include:
- four certified professional midwives eligible for licensure pursuant to 2023 Iowa Acts, House File 265, Section 7
- one obstetrician/gynecologist
- one certified nurse midwife
- one member of the public
Members shall serve a full term of four years. Vacancies on the council shall be filled for the remainder of the term of the original appointment. Members whose terms expire may be reappointed.
Council Participation Expectation Guidelines
The following expectation guidelines are intended to serve as a reference for current members and for prospective appointees of the council:
- Attend scheduled CPM Advisory Council meetings
- Prepare for all meetings by reading materials sent one to two weeks in advance of the scheduled meeting date.
- Assist newly appointed council members as necessary.
Iowa Nurse Assistance Program
Information about the Iowa Nurse Assistance Program (INAP) is available here.Back to top